Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Two New Recipes

I was busy in the kitchen.  Today, I tried out two new recipes. 

For lunch I whipped up a Grilled Mahi Mahi Burger (8 PointsPlus)


I broiled one TJ's mahi mahi burger, 4 PointsPlus, toasted one English muffin , 3 PointsPlus and topped it with 2 tablespoons of Guacamole Hummus, 1 PointsPlus, 1 tablespoon dijonnaise, purple onion, lettuce, all 0 PointsPlus, for a total of  8 PointsPlus.  What are some condiments you would add to this delicious burger?







For Dinner I created my version of Chicken Tortilla Soup (1 1/2 cups for 4 PointsPlus)



4 cups chicken broth (low-sodium preferred)
1 container of TJ's Pico de Gallo
2 cups fresh spinach
8 ounces of chopped cooked chicken breasts
TJ's Light Mexican Blend
1 La Tortilla Factory corn tortilla (I heated it to get it crispy then cut into strips)

Bring broth and pico degallo to a boil.  Add the fresh spinach and cooked chicken.  Cover and simmer. To spice it up a bit add some cilantro and a chopped, rinsed and seeded jalepeno

Add 1 tablespoon of the shredded cheese and 1 tablespoon corn tortilla strips to your bowl for a total of 4 PointsPlus



Try one of my recipes and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment