Sunday, February 13, 2011

On Track...or Not

Saturday morning's Weight Watchers meeting in Pleasant Hill was awesome.  If you decide that you would like to join, come see me.  If you mention my blog, you will receive a gift.  Meeting start time is 8:45 and weigh in starts at 8:15.

The meeting was about knowing when determine if you are really hungry.  Oftentimes, we find that we eat for other reasons than true hunger.  I know for me, when I get bored, I head to the kitchen, looking for a quick fix, to pass the time. 

Next week we will be talking about "remodeling" your kitchen.... Come to the meeting to find out how you can remodel your kitchen for weight loss success.

After the meeting my husband and I headed out to Wine Country, Domaine Carneros.



I made the mistake of only eating a banana before I left, in anticipation of over indulging.  We didn't get to the castle until 1:00 p.m.  Needless to say, I was starving.  We ordered their flight of champagne (three 2oz glasses), and a meat platter, which consisted of several slices of baguette bread and a variety of deli meats, such as copa, pate, and prosciutto.  The scenery was gorgeous and the weather was absolutely perfect.  We decided to continue up north to Sonoma.  Unfortunately, at this point I was working on a headache, from the lack of healthy food choices (not from the champagne).

It was after 3:00 when we finally sat down for a bite to eat.  My body was craving carbs and I ending up ordering pesto garlic bread sticks and linguine with clams.  I only ate about 1/4 of the clam dish, and did not ask to take the rest home.  We then walked over to the Cheese Factory for, of all things, aspirin, but added 1/4 pound of fudge to the order.  I actually split it with my husband, so about 1/8 of a pound.

The chocolate did wonders for the headache, or was it the aspirin?

The lesson I learned... I should have eaten a green salad, and an apple before I left the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment