Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday - Funday

Happy Sunday – Funday!

Sundays, the only day I can truly sleep in and I still manage to get up before 8:30 a.m.  Sunday means “hair-day, “read the newspaper day, sip a cup a tea day” for me.  It also means a trip to Target with my hubby. 

Ah traditions. We got in the car heading towards Target when we both realized, we really needed to go to Safeway instead.  As we were driving, somehow we got onto the subject of coleslaw and the hubby said the only slaw he has ever liked is from KFC.  That got me thinking, I should try to make my own.

I came across this Sweet and Spicy Slaw recipe and decided to give it a try.


1 package of coleslaw
¼ cup chopped red onion
2/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
¼ cup honey
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño pepper, rinsed and seeded.
Combine the slaw and onion. Set aside.

Stir together the yogurt, honey, vinegar and jalapeño.  Pour over slaw.  Season with salt and pepper.  Chill and serve. 1 cup serving is 2 PointsPlus (this recipe makes 6 servings)

 My hubby absolutely loved my fresh apple salsa, and asked me to make another batch for him today.  He is a “sweet” guy and not a “spicy” kind of guy.  So he asked that I eliminate the cilantro and jalapeño from the recipe.  I think not!  But I did set aside a small batch without those key ingredients.

So that was my Sunday-Funday!

Until tomorrow….

No comments:

Post a Comment