Friday, February 11, 2011

Talk About Inspiration

Today marks my first entry for my Healthy Weight Management Blog.  I hope you all will enjoy this one as much as my last one.

Yesterday I watched the Oprah Show with Jennifer Hudson.  She happens to be the spokeswoman for Weight Watchers.  She joined Weight Watchers to get healthy and to learn about eating the right foods and the "fun" foods in moderation.  She actually inspired many of her family members and together they lost of 1,900 pounds.  That's almost a ton of fat.  She looks absolutely fabulous and sings from her heart.  The show was very inspiring, especially since I am a lifetime member and also happen to be a member of the Weight Watchers staff.  You can find me at the Pleasant Hill, California YMCA on Saturday mornings at 8:45, or Concord, California Park and Shop Center on Monday evenings at 5:30 p.m.  Please join me!  We can celebrate our successes on this journey to healthier eating.

I will start you off with a great barbequed chicken salad recipe.  Total PointsPlus value per serving is 7.

Ingredients

Romaine Lettuce
Cucumber
Green Onions
Heirloom tomatoes
Trader Joe's Crispy Breaded Chicken Tenders (in the frozen food section)
2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
2 tablespoons Trader Joe's Low fat Parmesan Ranch Dressing

Bake the chicken tender according to the package directions.  Heat up the BBQ sauce in the microwave.
Coat the baked tender in BBQ sauce.  Put it on top of the prepared greens and drizzle the two tablespoons of Ranch dressing.  Yum!

Next time I include a recipe, I will try to include a photo, since a picture paints a thousand words.

No comments:

Post a Comment