Thursday, February 17, 2011

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things...

Today I started thinking about some of my favorite food finds that I like to keep stocked  at all times. I thought I would list some of my favorite must haves for my kitchen.

  • Lucerne brand light vanilla yogurt 6 oz, 2points plus.  I add fresh berries and 1 tablespoon Special K low fat granola, 1 points plus.  I get a 3 points plus breakfast at my desk. I usually have this when I go into the office, because it’s easier than making that “scrambled” egg.


  • Eggs - one egg is 2 points plus and a great protein choice to start off your day. I actually take an egg, salt, pepper and a dash of water, whisk it good and throw it I the microwave for about 45 seconds. YUM.

  • Trader Joe’s Crispy Chicken Tenders – You can find them in the frozen food section.  Each tender is 3 points plus.  They are delicious.

  • KuerigCafe Express Mocha 1 points plus.  I love it after my “scrambled” egg.  I actually take an egg, salt, pepper and a dash of water whisk it good and throw it I the microwave for about 45 seconds.



  • Nature Valley Granola Thins  2 points plus each  I love this snack with a cup of Celestial Seasonings Spice Indian Chi 0 points plus



  • Weight Watchers or  Laughing Cow 1 wedge is 1 points plus.  I top a turkey burger with Parmesan peppercorn.


    ground turkey patty (4 points plus), shredded cabbage, 1 tablespoon TJ low fat Parmesan ranch dressing .5 points plus), 1 tablespoon guacamole .5 points plus), 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce (1 points plus),  and 1 wedge of laughing cow Parmesan peppercorn cheese (1 points plus), 12 tater tots (4 points plus) total of 11 points plus

    Enjoy these great food finds as much as me.  Let me know what you think.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment